How to Create Ombre Lips
When you’re stuck trying to decide between your 2 fave KissMe lippies, 2 is always better than one! Get the best of both worlds (instead of making that tough decision) when you know how to create an ombre lip look! Unlike creating a good ombre hair-do, ombre lips are surprisingly easy to create. So, go ahead and choose your fave LiveGlam lippies, grab a mirror & keep reading this ombre lips step by step guide to learn how to create your own ombre lip look!
How To Do An Ombre Lip
Ombre lips are always trending – not only are they beautiful, but they can also be very helpful when you have a lipstick that’s a little too light for your skin tone! Follow these next few steps (and watch this awesome ombre lip tutorial) to get that pout on point with an amazing ombre lip!
- Start with a blank canvas. Make sure your lips are hydrated and prepped, sis!
- Outline those lips with your darkest shade and shade in the corners for more dimension. Want slightly fuller lips? A lil’ overlining never hurt anyone 😉.
- Apply your lighter lippie to the center of your lips, avoiding the edges of your lips.
- Using a brush or your finger, blend both shades together for a seamless blend (the best ombre lips are blended to perfection)!
- If you lost a lot of the lighter shade while blending, add more to the center of your lips.
- Clean up around your lips using a flat brush and a tiny bit of concealer.
- If you’re feeling daring or you’re just extra AF (like us), top your ombre look with a gloss!
Now you’re an expert on how to do an ombre lip makeup look! Grab our Ultimate Ombre Lip Kit from our Shop page to create an ombre lip look that’s perfect for the upcoming holidays and festivities. You’ll be the star of the show in this spicy & sultry red ombre lip!
Want more options for a bomb ombre lip look?! Sign up to our LiveGlam Lipstick Subscription Club! You’ll receive 3 exclusive lip products delivered straight to your door for only $19.99 a month (plus free shipping in the U.S.)! You’ll never ever run out of options 😉.
Do you like ombre lips? What are your fave shades to use? Let us know in the comments!