New season, new eye makeup looks. If you’re getting out and about this summer (or chilling in your home bubble!) get creative with some new creations. There’s nothing like a different color palette or a new technique to make you feel fresh, positive, and down-right beautiful.
Here are our favorite summer eye makeup looks to try.
Bronzey crease and fluffy lashes:
A 2-minute eye makeup look that suits anyone is the bronzed crease and fluffy lashes combo. This look should be hazy, undefined, romantic, and soft. Here’s how I do it:
- Start with your eyeshadow base in a skin-matching shade to create a neutral base
- Buff a shimmery bronze shade into the crease and up toward the brow, extending to the outer V of the eye (to the outer end of the brow)
- Buff the color under the lower lashes
- Press a creamy brown or bronze eyeliner into the lash line and buff out with a stubby brush
- Add plenty of mascara and/or fluffy falsies (like the Forbes List falsies!)
Tip: in a pinch, I use my bronzer for this look and it works a treat. For extra shine I top the shadow with a light layer of gold or champagne highlight.
Glossy blue editorial eyes
Let’s have some fun! Color and texture make the makeup world go round, so let’s combine the two in an unexpected way…blue and glossy. This look is gorgeous with a sharp red lip (bold, yes. Stunning…also yes) and a natural-finish base. I find that eliminating liner altogether keeps this look modern.
- Apply your go-to eyeshadow base
- Press a matte or shimmer blue shade onto the lid with a flat brush and/or your finger (I love You Got Served from the What’s the Scoop? palette)
- Extend the shadow all the way to the brow (if we’re doing this, let’s do it)
- Use a buffing brush to ensure the edges are thoroughly blended
- Keep the lower lash line clean
- Take a clear gloss and press over the lid where you placed the blue shadow
- Embrace the crease! (Yes, it will crease)
- Add lots of black mascara
Tip: do your eyes first in case you get some fall-out from your blue shadow. You can easily wipe the excess away before applying your foundation and concealer.
Lilac and Lavender Shimmer Haze
The new Boujee palette has been giving me all kinds of summer inspiration, the stand-out being a shimmery lilac and lavender confection. Sugar-like shimmers in soft pinky-purple tones immediately make me feel equal parts happy, sweet, and 90s-nostalgic.
- Lay down a natural base leaning toward dewy. I go for a silvery base of sheen under my sheer foundation (such as MAC Strobe Cream in Silverlite)
- Apply your favorite eyeshadow base
- Buff lilac shimmer over the entire lid and along the lower lash line
- Add lavender shadow to the outer corners of the eye and along the outer half of the lower lashes
- Dab bright silver shimmer into the inner corners, center of the lid, and brow bone
- Apply lashings of mascara and a few falsies at the outer corners of the lashes
- I love a pink stain on the lips with a nude gloss over the top with this look