It’s that time of the year again! Just when we think New York Fashion Week is over, it pops right back up again. Seriously, how does time fly that fast between February and September?
As always, NYFW provides some great inspiration for new makeup looks. While a lot of the looks we see on the runway may seem out there or unrealistic, we wanted to show you that you can actually rock these statement eyes and change up your everyday look! The best part? It’s not nearly as hard as it seems.
1. Hello Yellow – Novis
On the Spring 2018 runways, we saw a lot of bright, bold colors on the face. Yellow made its debut on many eyelids during the Novis show, making every model look like a ray of sunshine. Try switching out your neutral eyeshadow with this fresh yellow for a weekend adventure. It can compliment any skin tone and turn heads!
Here’s what we used to achieve this refreshing look:
- Eyeshadow primer – NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
- Yellow eyeshadow – NYX Hot Singles Eyeshadow in STFU
- Mascara – Maybelline Lots of Lashes Mascara
- LiveGlam KissMe Lippie in Single AF
- Start with your primer and apply it to your lid and crease. Using a white, creamy base will make the yellow eyeshadow pop to it’s fullest potential.
- Pack on that yellow all over your lid! Don’t worry about it being super defined, this look is pretty effortless and soft. Make sure to blend the yellow all the way up towards your brow bone.
- Add a little mascara to your lashes. If you want to glam it up, feel free to add some falsies!
- For the rest of the face, you want to keep the foundation light and dewy. Add a thin layer of foundation, tinted moisturizer or BB Cream, and a flush of bronzer and peachy blush on the cheeks. Don’t forget to highlight those cheekbones to make them glisten! Catch that light, glammers.
- Finish off this unique look with our KissMe gloss in Single AF. It’s the perfect nude to pair with this makeup and allows the focus to remain on the eyes.
2. Fiery Red – Chromat
Instead of your typical pop of silver or gold eyeshadow, we’re switching it up like the Chromat models! For a striking look, add a bright red to the inner corner of your eyes, paired with a soft, bronze shadow all over the lids.
To recreate this look, we used:
- Naked 2 Palette for the bronze eyeshadow
- NYX Hot Singles Eyeshadow in LOL
- NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
- Maybelline Lots of Lashes Mascara
- KissMe gloss – Single AF
- Grab your MorpheMe brushes and apply a metallic, bronze shadow to your lids and crease. We used a darker bronze for the crease (Snakebite) and a lighter, gold shade for the lid (Half Baked). Make sure to blend all the way up towards your brow bone and keep it soft.
- Next, apply a primer to your inner corners as a base for the red. Similarly to the yellow, a white base will make the color pop the most.
- Now, for the best part! Take a fiery red or orange shade and pack that color on your inner corner with a small detail brush. Bring that red in towards your nose. Don’t be afraid to add a couple of layers of the shadow to make it super opaque and defined!
- Keep the lashes simple with just a little bit of mascara.
- Keep the face light and clean with minimal contour and blush. The focus is all on the eyes, so you don’t want to add too much to the rest of the face.
We’re also going to keep the lips simple and nude. Pair this look with the Single AF gloss for a beautiful finish!
3. Graphic Liner – Ulla Johnson
Now it’s time to have some fun with eyeliner! Instead of your typical cat eye, we’re shaking things up with underliner for a modern edge. Make your eyes really pop with this fierce, white eyeliner that Ulla Johnson models wore for NYFW.
For this look, all you will need is:
- White eyeliner – NYX jumbo eye pencil
- Brush – MorpheMe M207 Angled Liner Brush
- KissMe gloss – Single AF
- Take your white eyeliner and apply it to an angled eyeliner brush. Make sure to put enough on the brush so that the white is evenly distributed and pigmented.
- Start from the inner corner of your eye and draw a white line on your lower lash line. Bring it in about a third of the way in, then stop.
- Next, start from the outer corner and create a reverse cat eye. Honestly, this was easier than creating a normal cat eye. Make sure to leave a gap in the middle of your lash line for that unique, graphic look!
- Finish off with a thin layer of mascara (not required) and you’re all done with the eyes! Wasn’t that easy?
No contour or blush necessary! Just add your gloss for the finishing touches and you’re all set.
Now it’s time to slay the streets and stay ahead of the trends like a New York Fashion Week model with these 3, easy looks! If you try any of these out, we guarantee you’ll be turning heads and taking names.
Let us know which one is your favorite look in the comments below.