For many of us, the deepest and most long-lasting relationships we have are those with our best friends. That’s why Galentine’s Day is the year’s BEST “holiday”, thanks, Leslie Knope. If you’re struggling to think of the perfect gift for your gals, I’ve thought up some timeless and universally-loved ideas for you.
Lip-care kiss kit
If you just want something small, sweet, and entirely useful, a lip-care kit always goes down a treat. This is especially practical in dry or cold climates where lips just love to give us grief. Our ultimate lip kits are the perfect gift for your gals!
- Get a cute little reusable box to pack your lippie treats into
- If you’re extra dedicated, you could decorate the box with a collage-style design of images that represent your gal pal. Or, get creative and use watercolors
- Add a lip scrub, lip balm, bullet lippie, and lip gloss
- Fill the gaps with homemade truffles (or store-bought chocolates, no judgments around here)
A “paint set” with brushes, a new palette, and a makeup coffee table book
If your girlfriends are makeup fanatics just like you or are slowly getting into a more artistic approach to makeup, encourage their talents! Put together an “artist kit” inspired by painters.
- Face outline sheets (the kind you see pro artists using to design runway looks)
- A new eyshadow palette with plenty of colors, like our Flocking Fabulous palette.
- A set of makeup brushes, with our monthly brush club subscription!
- A mixing medium
- A coffee table book they can peruse for inspiration and pure joy. I love ‘Face Paint’ by Lisa Eldridge and ‘Making Faces’ by Kevyn Aucoin.
A journal dotted with personal notes from you
Journaling is a wonderful way to organize your thoughts, de-stress, and even get creative. Even the simple act of writing a to-do list and checking it off is worth getting up for. A classic and thoughtful gift is a beautiful leather-bound journal with high-quality paper. You can find some stunning designs out there, or simply butter-soft leather and fold-over cover.
To make the gift even more unforgettable, place some notes on a few pages. It might be a sweet quote, a poem, or even a song lyric of a favorite tune you share with your friend. Pop it just in the corner of the page so the page is still able to be filled. Throughout the year, your lucky pal will find sweet notes from you, making her day!
A stay-at-home-and-chill care package…jammies and all
If 2020 taught us one thing, it’s how to stay home, chill, and get used to doing a whole lot of nothing. Depending on where in the world you are, lockdown may still be a very present reality. To help your gals through it, curate the perfect stay-at-home-and-relax care package to spice up the ordinary. This gift is a little more pricey, so adjust it to suit your budget!
- Start with pamper products such as bath salts, organic body wash, hydrating body lotion, face masks (the skincare kind!), hand cream, face mist, and even a hair mask
- Pop in a sleep-related treat or two such a lavender pillow drops, natural sleep-enhancing drops, and even a new set of linen sheets if your budget is super sizeable
- Add a recipe book full of simple yet nourishing dishes that can be whipped up with minimal ingredients. Ottolenghi is always a favorite! His book ‘Flavour’ is delicious.
- Add a pair of soft-touch pajamas that can easily pass as comfy daywear. Think tapered, slouchy sweats with a washed cotton tee (or tank depending on location)
- Finally…treats. Their favorite candy, chocolates, baked goods, snacks…go wild. It’s Galentine’s Day