The Perfect Spring Look for Aries
With Aries szn in full bloom, it’s all about the ram! Here’s the perfect spring beauty look to celebrate the friendly, brave, and somewhat impulsive zodiac.
Spoiler: the look is fresh and glowy, yet fiery and bold like a true Aries, with plenty of warm reds and mustard yellows!
I love a fresh and flawless base without oodles of product to cover the skin. I love my new-ish go-to base product, the Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue ($33) and I recommend it for this look.
- Smooth any tinted moisturizer or light coverage foundation all over the face to even the skin tone
- Use a concealer with decent pigmentation and high coverage (like the LA Girl HD Pro Conceal to spot-conceal blemishes, discoloration, and dark circles
- Set the face down with any translucent or light powder, only where needed (i.e. the nose, chin, and where you concealed under the eyes)
Take a clean brush or puff and lightly pass over the face to remove any excess product and blend everything together. I also like to take my (clean) hands and press them into the contours of my face and into the hairline. The warmth of my hands melts the products together, smooths, and lifts away any excess product
For the eyes, we’re going for a fresh and gleaming lid with a rich pop of matte mustard- yellow in the inner corner and inner third of the lid. The shade Sundaze from LiveGlam’s Flocking Fabulous palette is perfect for this.
- Blend an eyeshadow base or neutral cream shadow over the lid
- Use your finger to tap a creamy champagne shimmer over the lid
- Load a dense shadow brush with a light dose of mustard shadow and pack onto the inner third of the eye and into the inner corner. You’re just placing the color where you want it now, so don’t be too fussed about blending. Add another light layer or two of shadow to build-up the color
- Clean off the brush and use it to blend out the edges of the shadow
- Add lots of mascara and a row of falsies if that’s your jam
Note: I’m going liner-less with this look, but you can absolutely add your favorite kohl, gel, or liquid line! This is just an idea for a look, make it your own.
Aries, you’re getting a glowy Spring cheek. My advice here is to use the lip product you intend to use and double it as your blush. It will create cohesiveness with the color palette, it saves you finding another product, and it will likely be long-lasting.
- Take a little of your lip product onto your ring finger and tap it onto the apples of the cheeks, blending it up toward the temple
- Take a luminous, glitter-free cream highlighter such as the RMS Living Luminizer ($38) and pat it onto the back of the cheekbone and over the temple
Lastly, an Aries-red lip! We’re taking the glossy route here. A glossy red lip is not only comfortable but it’s plumping, fresh and sexy. LiveGlam has the perfect red gloss in “Glamrock“. Slick it on, press the lips together, clean the line, and go!