The 2018 Golden Globe Awards was full of women’s empowerment, Oprah, and 50 shades of black dresses. While the evening had many memorable moments, we’re sharing with you the most memorable looks on the red carpet from some of our favorite stars.
To support the Time’s Up movement, actresses wore all black to stand in solidarity with victims of sexual harassment and assault. However, no one looked the same in the sea of black dresses. Everyone brought their own flare which still made for a very glamorous red carpet. Here are some of our favorite looks:
1. Insecure writer and actress Issa Rae brought some sexiness to the Golden Globes with this stunning Prabal Gurung metallic dress, complete with sleek hair, a smokey eye, and an emerald necklace to compliment the dress’ plunging V neckline. Hello legs!
Image source: BET
2. Kendall Jenner floated through the red carpet in a couture dress by Giambattista Valli. This ruffled tulle, high-low gown was definitely a statement piece and made the model look fabulous.
Image source: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP
3. Angelina Jolie had some fun with her black Versace gown by rocking some feathery sleeves and a sheer neckline. Not only does this dress look super comfortable, but she looked gorgeous in it too (as always).
Image source: PopSugar
4. Zoe Kravitz is the perfect example of less is more. In this sleek, fitted dress, pixie cut, and oversized emerald earrings, Zoe slayed the red carpet. And, she reminds us that you can never go wrong with a red lip!
Image source: Frazer Harrison/Getty Images
5. Stranger Things star and the straight up adorable Millie Bobby Brown looked super stylish in her Calvin Klein poofy minidress paired with sparkly kitten heels. The 13-year-old has grown up right before our eyes and is already giving these veteran stars a run for their money on the red carpet!
Image source: Rob Latour
6. Viola Davis looked striking on the red carpet, rocking her natural hair in a glorious fro and a sleek, Brandon Maxwell dress. This show-stopping look had everyone talking on twitter, and for good reason!
Image source: Getty Images
7. And, of course, we can’t forget about the queen of the night (and maybe of the United States), Oprah Winfrey. Not only was her acceptance speech for her Cecil B. DeMille Award truly inspiring and exactly what the world needed to hear, but she looked beautiful in a Versace dress while giving it too.
Image source: Time
Name one person who can rock prescription glasses on the red carpet and still look this fierce… we’ll wait.
What were your favorite looks and moments from the 2018 Golden Globes? Spill in the comments!
Lanie Edwards is a content creator, makeup fanatic, and food lover. She lives in Adobe Photoshop and Final Cut Pro, constantly editing or coming up with fresh ideas for LiveGlam content. During her free time, you can catch her being a freelance MUA, vlogging on YouTube, or eating anything that smells good. View all the posts by Lanie Edwards