There’s no denying that red lipstick is the ultimate makeup power move. Rocking a classic red lip never goes out of style but the question is, what are some eyeshadow ideas when wearing red lipstick?
Finding the right eyeshadow to compliment your punchy pout can be a challenge, especially with such a show-stopping shade. Itching to add some color to those lids to match that killer red lip? Keep reading because we got ya covered with some iconic red lipstick and eyeshadow combinations that’ll slay your entire existence!
What Color Eyeshadow Do You Wear with Red Lipstick
Most people tend to say that you should keep your lids bare when wearing red lipstick– we’re here to tell you that some makeup rules are meant to be broken! You can totally rock some bold shadows with a red lip and still look like a total bombshell! First things first, make sure your red lipstick application is on point! Need some help? Check out our “How to Apply Flawless Red Lipstick” post for all the tea on how to get the perfect pout and how to make it last!
- Blue/Teal – Channel your inner RiRi and pair a blue or teal shadow with your red lipstick (as seen in her “Wild Thoughts” music video)!
- Gold – Gold is one of the best eyeshadow colors when wearing red lipstick because it always exudes Hollywood and red carpet vibes!
- Bronze – If you aren’t crazy about gold, bronze is your best bet for a classy glam! Bronze is another stunning eyeshadow color that goes with red lipstick.
- Red – What matches better with red than red? Monochromatic looks are in (I mean, have you seen Vogue?)!
Eyeshadow Ideas with Red Lipstick
There are tons of eyeshadow and lipstick combinations– bottom line is, you’re never out of options! You’ll look extra glamorous with these eye makeup looks to wear with red lipstick. Ready to feel like you belong on the red carpet? Try these looks!
- Cat Eye – Yes, we know it’s not an eyeshadow look but bare with us! A cat eye with a red lip is so simple yet so elegant! Pair your red lip with a super sharp wing and some fabulous lashes and you’re all set for your Vogue closeup 😉
- Smokey Eye – We love a good smokey eye! Get sultry af and create a smokey eye with any of the shades we mentioned previously (don’t forget the lashes!).
- Sweep of Color – Want something simple? Use an all over shadow brush and use it to sweep on some shadow on your lids. Add some mascara and you’re all set!
- Monochromatic – Create a super chic and edgy look by pairing your red lip with a dash of red eyeshadow and mascara! This combo it everything!
- Bare – Not a fan of shadow with red lipstick? Ditch it! Pop on some mascara for the perfect natural look with a side of sexy 😉
We wouldn’t be your makeup besties if we didn’t have you covered with the best eyeshadow makeup ideas for red lipstick! As your makeup BFF’s we also got ya covered with amazing products– you’ll never have to worry about finding the right eyeshadow and lippie combos because we’ll do the work for ya! Join our Lipstick Subscription Club for 3 extra delicious, cruelty-free, long-lasting and non-drying shades delivered straight to your every month for only $19.99!
Want to match your monthly lippies with stunning shadows? Join our Eyeshadow Subscription Club! You’ll get a brand new palette every other month with 9-10 buttery and extra pigmented shades for only $19.99, so make plenty of room on your vanity and get ready for all the bomb lipstick and eyeshadow combinations you’ll create!
What was your fave red lipstick and eyeshadow combination? Let us know in the comments!
Ana is a Los Angeles based beauty blogger and influencer with a passion for everything that makes you feel beautiful. When she's not creating new makeup looks or tips for her followers, she's most likely journaling or lifting some weights at the gym. View all the posts by Ana Delgadillo