This past weekend we had a lot of entertaining television to watch. If you missed out on your favorite influencers slaying the red carpet at the American Influencer Awards, or P!nk defying gravity at the American Music Awards, we’ve got everything you need to know right here!
The American Influencer Awards recognizes the top beauty influencers of 2017. On Nov. 18th, some of our favorite beauties gathered in the Novo Theatre in Los Angeles for a lively show hosted by Kandee Johnson and Patrick Starrr.
In elaborate, beautiful dresses created by Michael Costello, Kandee and Patrick guided the awards show as each winner was revealed. Jaclyn Hill took home 2 awards for Brand Collaboration of the Year (due to her gorgeous palette with Morphe that we’re dying to get our hands on) and Tutorialist of the Year. Guy Tang also received 2 awards for Hair Influencer of the Year and Creative Hair Colorist of the Year.
Also, we want to give a special shoutout to a member of our LiveGlam Fam, @larackay, for winning Professional Educator of the Year! If you want some special hair tips from Lara herself, head over to our snapchat @liveglamco to check out her monthly Snapchat takeovers!
At a loss of words🙏🏻 I am so honored and humbled to have won the Professional Educator award at the @aiaawards ! I am so thankful for all my clients, family, supporters & followers. I am so inspired by you all each and everyday! At times, when I feel as though the world weighs heavy on my shoulders, I smile and thank god for allowing me to educate and inspire people! Thank you all! This is a truly a blessing 🙏🏻
Check out the full list of AIA winners below, and head here to watch the entire show on YouTube if you missed it!
American Influencer Award Winners:
- Brand Collaboration of the Year – @jaclynhill
- Tutorialist of the Year – @jaclynhill
- Hair Influencer of the Year – @guy_tang
- Creative Hair Colorist of the Year – @guy_tang
- Professional Educator of the Year – @larackay
- Emerging Creative Hair Colorist of the Year – @pinupjordan
- Teen Beauty Influencer of the Year – @bretmanrock
- Celebrity Makeup Artist of the Year – @makeupbymario
- Influential Colorist of the Year – @nikkilee901
- Nail Artist of the Year – @yire_castillo
- International Makeup Artist of the Year – @nikkietutorials
- Hair Extensions Influencer of the Year – @stephanie_gonzales
- Emerging Makeup Artist of the Year – @thegabrielzamora
- Trendsetter Influencer of the Year – @desiperkins
- Creative Nail Artist of the Year – @britneytokyo
- Men’s Stylist of the Year – @kylekriegerhair
- Emerging Stylist of the Year – @justinemarjan
- Lifestyle Influencer of the Year – @makeupshayla
- Influencer-Owned Makeup Brand of the Year – @jeffreestar
- Creative Hair Stylist of the Year – @theconfessionsofahairstylist
- Creative Makeup Artist of the Year – @chrisspy
- Influential Stylist of the Year – @kimblehaircare
- Wig Master of the Year – @tokyostylez
- Barber of the Year – @staygold31
- Makeup Influencer of the Year – @mannymua733
- Michael Crellin Courage Award – @hey.its.caitlin
If you see one of your favorite influencers on this list, go to their pages to congratulate them!
Now, let’s head over to the Microsoft Theater to get a recap of the American Music Awards that took place on Nov. 19th!
Hosted by Tracee Ellis Ross and Diana Ross this year (what an epic duo), the AMA’s celebrates the latest and greatest talents of the contemporary music scene.
In terms of stand out moments, the show opened up with some of our childhood favorites – P!nk and Kelly Clarkson, who covered R.E.M.’s “Everybody Hurts” with their beautiful voices meshed together. Talk about a match made in heaven!
Next, Demi Lovato shut all her haters down with her hit song, “Sorry Not Sorry,” wearing a black bedazzled bodysuit and sleek, jet black hair. She definitely did not seem sorry with her powerful vocals and performance.
After Nick Jonas performed his new single, “Find You,” Selena Gomez hit the stage sporting her brand new blonde hair for an eerie performance of her popular song, “Wolves.” With a horror film setting, Selena had blood seeping from her freshly dyed hair and scraped knees by the end of the song, certainly making it a memorable performance.
For her second performance, P!nk shocked us all by dangling off the side of the JW Marriott hotel building in LA. Joined by dancers, P!nk danced on the windows of the building at various levels performing her new song “Beautiful Trauma.” At this point, what’s a Pink performance without the crazy acrobatics?!
It’s safe to say the big winner of the AMAs was Bruno Mars, who won seven trophies including Artist of the Year. However, the night definitely belonged to Diana Ross, who received the Lifetime Achievement Award, complete with a video from Former President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama congratulating the legendary artist. Ross finished off the AMA’s with a medley of her greatest hits, joined by her grandkids dancing on stage with her (so adorable).
If you’re curious, check out the rest of the winners who took home some new trophies here.
What was your favorite moment of the AMA’s? Let us know in the comments below!
Lanie Edwards is a content creator, makeup fanatic, and food lover. She lives in Adobe Photoshop and Final Cut Pro, constantly editing or coming up with fresh ideas for LiveGlam content. During her free time, you can catch her being a freelance MUA, vlogging on YouTube, or eating anything that smells good. View all the posts by Lanie Edwards